Sunday, January 17, 2021

Still Sick - Update

Hi everyone! I wanted to give you an update. This has been pretty miserable. The skin thing kept getting worse to the point that I had about 90% of my skin covered in lesions. The pain was incredible. Anyways, we thought we found a solution. As I was meeting with the doctor, however, he noticed my breathing was strange and sent me to the ER. Turns out I had a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs) just to add to the fun. I spent about a week in the hospital on a double-dose of morphine for the pain and blood thinner for the embolism. I honestly wasn't sure I was going to make it, but I did and I'm improving. But my skin is still all torn up and red and I have no energy at all. Hopefully things keep improving and I'll be back soon. I hope things are well with you!

8 comments:

tryanmax said...

Keep getting better, Andrew. Glad to hear there’s improvement. Plenty of rest.

ArgentGale said...

Damn, things haven't been easy have they? Keep recovering and resting and best wishes from me and the cats.

ambisinistral said...

I wondered how you've been doing. Here's hoping you've turned the corner and get well soon.

Tennessee Jed said...

Praying that things will be o.k. For you

Stacy said...

I'm glad you are slowly getting better and survived the embolism threat. Rest and take care of yourself. Praying for a complete recovery.

Jon said...

Hopes and prayers to you, Andrew.

Anonymous said...

Very late to the party but feel better Andrew! Take all the time you need. We'll all be here when you get back. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.I send you all my best wishes for a thorough recovery.Thanks for all you do.
GypsyTyger

Ada said...

Hope you are well now.

Post a Comment