Tuesday, January 3, 2023

And 2023 Begins Like 2022

McCarthy lost the speaker vote, at least the first one. Ho hum. Same circus. Same clowns. I don't really have any comment because conservatism doesn't really have a dog in this fight. Conservatism no longer exists in the GOP. It is frustrating both as a conservative and an American, but it's become so common that I think I'm numb to it. I'm hoping that one of the governors who will run in 2024 can revive it, but we'll see. Sorry to be so depressed, but our politics has become depressing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is depressing. I still like DeSantis. I think he has the experience and ability to win in 2024. One thing Democrats have always done is circle the wagons. I am sick of all the guys on the take as much as anybody. Anyway, like you, I am kind of tuning it out. I feel sorry for my grandkids, though. - Jed

AndrewPrice said...

Hi Jed, I'm tuning it out too. It's painful to watch.

I do like DeSantis. He seems to be a guy who understands the value of appealing to the public. There are others too. I think Younkins is probably pretty good, for example. We'll see once we start getting all the players.

In terms of the future though, I have never been a pessimist until recently. We are in a very dark time in many ways and I don't know how the world pulls out of it. There is a fundamental lack of humanity in the population spurred by loneliness, narcissism and an unhinging from reality. This has spurred a lack of morality in interpersonal and business dealings which is slowly destroying average people. The clowns in Congress are just an example of how that plays out.

It makes me sad.

tryanmax said...

To mangle a phrase, conservatism in defense of moderation is no virtue.

Post a Comment