Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Fun With "What If We Just..."

I have had enough of this election cycle already and am throwing my endorsement to Sweet Meteor O' Death a/k/a SMOD...

Unseriously, how could being destroyed by a giant meteor hurling towards Earth be any worse than a potential President Clinton or President Trump?

Of course, there a many possible scenarios that will come up in the next few months. One of those highly unlikely scenarios is that the Republican delegates will revolt and throw the nomination to an as-yet-unnamed rational, vote-worthy candidate. Or the Democrat delegates could revolt and throw their support to Bernie...okay, that is not a better choice.

Or, stay with me here, there is a way to go that may solve all of our problems. A choice so bold that it might just work! I would like to unseriously explore the scenario that what if we just don't make ANY choice at all...


I mean, think about it...do we really need an Executive Branch? We can still keep the Legislative and Judicial Branches just in case we need them, but I suggest that we go without any formal leader for four years and see how it works out! Yeah, yeah, I can see the pitfalls and problems that could arise; those "unintended consequences" we hear so much about, but refuse to admit that we saw coming. But we can work this all out as we go along just like Obamacare. I mean, without a leader, we can make our own decisions.

What does the President do anyway? I mean, if we are to believe that George W. was as dumb as a post and he could do it, then anyone should be able to do it, right?

Here's couple of ways to do it to start the ball rolling:

How about using a jury-like system to call on random groups of regular citizens to solve problems. Someone can just choose random citizen's names out of hat (Think: The Sorting Hat from the Harry Potter books!) to be sequestered for a short period of time to weigh the facts and decide, say, how or if to allocate money for building a bridge to nowhere. There would be no donors with agendas, no parties to be beholden to, and no influence peddling available. Frankly, I trust regular citizens to make these decisions rather than a group of elected representatives who won't/don't listen anyway. Take it directly to "the People".

Here's another issue. Let's say that The Queen of England wants to come for an offical state visit. I say, let's just use the Giant Sorting Hat of Destiny and randomly assign some citizen(s) to entertain "Her Majesty" for an evening! We don't need a Head of State to spend billions of dollars a year to entertain other Heads of State. Hey, if she doesn't want to participate then she doesn't have to come, right? [Seriously, I tried something like this when I was in Dublin and it was really fun... City Of A Thousand Welcomes I highly recommend signing up for this if you ever go to Dublin!]

If you have any other ideas for this, let's have 'em. Let your fancy take flight...

11 comments:

AndrewPrice said...

Bev, I love that being single thing! LOL! That is so fitting this cycle!

Koshcat said...

Well, at least then I wouldn't be blamed by my president for the mass murder by a gay, Islamic terrorist just because I don't really give a shit about Caitlyn.

tryanmax said...

I'm happy to see that Commentarama is starting to turn away from shilling for SMOD. I can't say I'm thrilled with the "being single" proposition, but it's a step in the right direction--toward chaos.

You see, the problem with SMOD, Trump vs. Hillary, or anarchical ataxia is that they are all just cases of choosing the lesser evil. I believe that, as Americans, we can do worse than that. We have the choice of a greater evil. The greatest, in fact. Cthulhu!

I have a dream. That I shall stride the surface of this conquered world littered with the bleached bones of humanity; unable to discern which were black, white, gay, straight, democrat or republican. So today I say to you, share this dream with me and make it reality. Through madness, parity. Through mutation, brotherhood. Through death, equality!

BevfromNYC said...

Tryanmax - Cthulhu is a way to go too! Though, just saying maaaaybe it's just a tad...oh, I don't know...extreme? But hey, it is your choice, right? We make no judgments here...

BevfromNYC said...

Koshcat - Yes, I am kind of tired of being told to "look inward because it's your fault" for an explanation as to why a mass murderer mass murdered.

BevfromNYC said...

Andrew - I saw that on Twitter and just had to use it! Yes, it is a little too fitting.

tryanmax said...

Bev, you may consider Cthulhu extreme, but a majority of voters--55%--already feel helpless this election season. Cthulhu recognizes the wisdom that majority and aims to increase their numbers to 100%!

BevfromNYC said...

OT: Apparently, the people who arrest other people who mass murder are going to be arresting Orlando gay Islamic terrorist's wife for going with him to the gun shop to pick out the bullets and driving him to the club. Yeah, there's that.

BevfromNYC said...

Well, Tryanmax, if 100% could agree to Cthulhu, then who would I be to disagree. But can I entertain the Queen if she comes for a state visit?

tryanmax said...

Bev, I'm sure that'd be fine, considering her visit will be in order to abdicate her throne and nation to the Ancient One

Allena-C said...

Ha ha! Excellent, Bev! That's a great idea!

Post a Comment