● Trump ended catch and release at the border, which has raised morale within immigration. He’s authorized the hiring of 5,000 more border patrol agents. He stripped money from sanctuary cities. He reinstated local and state immigration enforcement partnerships. He ordered construction of the wall and found a way to pay for it. Even his critics are liking the idea of a 2-3% tariff on Mexican goods (Trump's first offer was 20%, which brought counter-offers of 2-3%).
● He began undoing Obamacare. He stopped spending money to advertise it. He ordered agencies not to enforce the individual mandate. He’s said the replacement needs to aim for true universal access, and he is planning to cut drug costs... things the Democrats talked about but never had the nerve to do.
● He authorized the Keystone Pipeline and the Dakota Access pipeline. What’s more, he ordered Commerce to maximize the use of US steel for the project... major jobs. This and the trade stuff has brought kudos from the Teamsters and other unions as they see it helping American workers. Imagine that.
● Companies keep declaring that they will bring factories here. The latest is Telsa, who swears it wasn’t because of Trump, but they will open a factory here instead of Germany. A Japanese company will also start manufacturing television screens here, the only plant of its kind in the US (a $7 billion investment). Every day brings new stories of factories and jobs.
● His immigration order includes adding vetting for immigrants from terrorist countries and it reduces the number of asylum seekers to be accepted from 110,000 to 50,000. (Obama actually raised the number from 83k to 100k as a stunt).
● His ban on the use of US funds to promote abortion overseas will save us $600 million according to the left. Damn that’s a lot!
● He has frozen hiring at the federal level outside Homeland Security and the military.
● He’s ordered the Pentagon to come up with a more aggressive strategy to defeat ISIS. He forswore torture too, despite claims he wouldn't. Gen. Matthis is drawing rave reviews already.
● He imposed a five-year across-the-board ban on lobbying by every political appointee to the Executive Branch and a lifetime ban on lobbying for foreign powers. Again, the Democrats claimed they would do this and never did. Now they are whining that it will cost the government "talent."
● He cancelled John Kerry’s bizarre last-minute $200 million gift to the Palestinians.
● He seems to have rebuilt the special relationship with Britain overnight and has suggested some sort of trade deal with them.
● He’s apparently flattered the Indian government and is working with them as a counter-weight to China in the region. Very smart.
● On the downside, he did kill the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Bad for consumers. The unions did like it though. That said, I suspect this is one of his political splits, where he manages to say one thing and ultimately do another. We'll see.
● He's made a couple communication mistakes, but nothing real. Mainly these are leftist smears that the public doesn't seem to be falling for. The "Muslim ban" (effecting 7 of 52 Muslim countries and lasting all of 30 days) is one of these. The left is screaming bloody murder, but a new poll by leftist poll shop Quinnipiac has found that voters support Trump either 48-42 or 53-41 depending on which aspect is being measured. So the opposition really is the hard-core left plus John McCain. Sorry Hollywood.