1. They tried to attack Jeff Sessions as a racist, including taking the obnoxious step of wearing KKK costumes to his confirmation hearing. What makes the news? The idiots in the costumes and then a leftist MTV News producer who tweeted racist comments about Sessions' granddaughter being part Asian. So the story becomes about the racism of intolerant leftists.
2. Someone has been trying to drop what appears to be a sloppy, unverified opposition folder on Trump. It gets published by fake news source Buzzfeed... and no one else. And the story becomes about who created the folder: US intelligence agents or some British intelligence agent, and why John McCain was involved in this. So the story becomes about a smear attempt. BTW, if you want to see how stupid this folder is, read Peirs Morgan's takedown of it: LINK. As an aside, Buzzfeed is run by leftist editor Ben Smith who was on the Journolist and worked at Politico (a Soros organization).
3. Meryl Streep whines about Trump at the Golden Globes and the story becomes about her being anti-Semitic to Natalie Portman, her not condemning the hate crime in Chicago, and her giving a standing ovation to rapist Roman Polanski. It got ugly enough that only a few celebrities came to her support when Trump verbally slapped her, and even guys like George Clooney only gave her wishy-washy support.
BTW, Leftist Hollywood is refusing to participate in the inauguration, playing right into the elitist image problem they caused with their pre-election gloating and post-election pouting.
4. The media has become obsessed with attempts to shoot down Trump's claims: Ford didn't cancel the shift to Mexico because of Trump... but they did cancel the move. Fiat Chrysler is adding 2,000 US jobs, but swears it has nothing to do with Trump, we swear! Apple will bring back production to the US, but not because of Trump, we swear!! Mexico won't pay for the wall like Trump claims... but they will renegotiate NAFTA and they will talk about immigration. Alibaba promises to create one million US jobs, but it won't really happen like Alibaba claims! Don't believe him, wah!! Notice a pattern? Trump claims to have done something good. The media says he's lying. Then it turns out it's true. An embarrassed media switches to claiming it wasn't really Trump who deserves the credit. The end result is the impression that Trump has already scored a bunch of successes and the media is desperate to hide the truth. Winner Trump.
5. Leftist have falsely claimed that any foreign leaders who stay at a Trump property and pays for it is causing a violation of the conflicts of interest laws (something called the "emoluments clause" of the Constitution). This isn't true as there is a thing called "fair-value exchange" which allows this. Still, Trump said he would donate those payments to the US Treasury. Winner Trump.
6. Trump only has one more Cabinet Post left to fill. Do you remember all the talk about him now knowing he needed to fill so many posts and how disorganized he was? Yeah, no one else does either. As an aside, Trump has now backed a larger navy and has said that NATO is vitally important. So much for withdrawing from the world. Several members of his team, including his nominee for Secretary of Defense label Russia a threat. So much for Trump being a patsy of Russia.
7. But but there's a conflict of interest in letting Trump's son-in-law advise him! Crickets. Trump owns businesses and shouldn't be allowed in government! Crickets.
Finally, think about this. The recount blew up and shamed the Green party. The left threw such a whiny tantrum that the story became about how pathetic and undemocratic they are. The Democrats tried several things to undermine democracy, like trying to get electors to not do their duty. This week, the left tried to argue that some number of electors had been illegally seated because their addresses weren't in the right... nevermind, no one cares. All of this blew up on the left and the story became how desperate and pathetic and unAmerican the left is, or it was just ignored. Now they come across as desperate for something to change everyone's minds about Trump, and they seem like sniveling liars. Good week for Trump.
Oh, one parting question... has anyone heard anything from the army of women the Democrats found who accused Trump of rape and what not? No? Yeah, that's what happens when the Democrats don't need you anymore: they toss you back into the dumpster where they made you.