Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Liars Can Figure: Leftist Idiocy

Uh. Yeah. Ok, I HAD to talk about this and you’ll see why as we go forward. I found this article at some leftist website that has 163,000 likes on Facebook, and well. . . well, oh boy. How about I start by telling you what it said. When you’re done laughing, we’ll talk about it.

The article made five points. Here they are:
(1) According to the Economic Policy Institute, “Almost half of Americans had NO assets in 2009”. This is because their debt exceeded their assets.

(2) According to the OECD, “inequality has increased by more over the past three years to the end of 2010 than in the previous twelve.”

(3) According to the IRS, “half of Americans are in or near poverty.”

(4) According to the Census Bureau, a family making $60,000 a year will pay $12,000 a year in taxes, $30,000 in food, housing, transportation, and “that total household expenditures [sic] will be about $50,000. That leaves nothing!”

(5) “As Congress continues to cut life-sustaining programs....” remember that “their 400 friends on the Forbes list made more from their stock market gains last year than the total amount of the food, housing and education budgets combined.”
Wow. The level of idiocy here is so high I want to find these people and slap them around on principle.... maybe rough up the corpses of their ancestors: “Why did you breed with your sister! What is wrong with you!” SLAP!! But I won’t, because I’m lazy.

All right, let’s hit this. First, let me point out that the obvious conclusion here is that OBAMA is a real monster. Yep. UNDER OBAMA inequality has skyrocketed worse than it did under Bush or Clinton. UNDER OBAMA, almost half of all Americans have NO ASSETS and live in poverty. UNDER OBAMA Warren Buffett and his 399 friends are sneaking into the homes of poor people at night and raping their pets... ok, so that’s not on the list, but it should be. Let me also add one our leftist friends forgot, that those without medical insurance has SKYROCKETED to 49 million from 43 million only three years ago.

Why does Obama hate the poor so much?

In all seriousness, if any of this was true, then we should start pointing this out over and over and over. Obama has been worse for poor people and middle class families than a Robber Baron administration. In fact, the only people who have benefited under Obama are the filthy rich... maybe it’s time to pitchfork Warren Buffett? This is a total indictment of the Obama/Pelosi years.

That said....

Let me point out a few things about the nonsense our slower cousins on the left are telling each other... no doubt in a frenzy of self-righteousness:
(1) Americans have plenty of assets. What they don’t have is net worth. There’s a huge difference. If they had no assets, they would be living naked in the park like an OWSer... without the iPads. And going with the net worth argument is idiotic because someone who owns a million dollar home could easily have no net worth. Should we pity them? Donald Trump has on several occasions managed to file bankruptcy because he falls into this category. Should we be taking up a collection for poor Donald? This is what happens when people without a grasp of economics or even the concepts of economics start spouting their beliefs.

(2) Inequality is a problem, I would agree with that, because it unbalances an economy in a great many ways. And we’ve reached a point where it is a problem because there is now a cap on the American dream for most people because of it. But that’s not what these assclowns mean. They’re just envious. They simple don’t like that others have more than they do.

(3) Does anyone believe that half of all Americans are in poverty? Have you ever stepped outside your mom’s basement, leftists? The federal measure of poverty is a phony measure created to guarantee that a sizable percentage of the population would always qualify for federal assistance. In other words, the Federal government ensures there will be poverty by defining it in relative terms rather than absolute terms. Said more simply, they say you’re in poverty if you have less than other people in the country, whether you are in any sort of objective poverty or not. By no objective measure is there real poverty in the United States outside of a few communities of crackheads and hillbillies. And it’s probably pretty insulting to people in third-world “paradises” to claim that people who drive $20,000 cars, own more appliances that middle class Europeans, and live in homes valued at $175,000 are “in or near poverty.”

(4) Subtracting $50,000 from $60,000 does not leave nothing. It leaves $10,000. Seriously, the next time you repeat the third grade, pay attention you retards. If you put that in the bank each year, you will have $3.9 million by the time you retire. Also, let me point out the irony that you don’t see the problem with those people losing 20% of their income in taxes... taxes you want to raise, you whiny bastards.

(5) Despite what your drugged out friends tell you, Congress hasn’t cut a penny of anything. Funding for nothing in the federal government has gone down in living memory. Moreover, what “life-sustaining program” are you talking about exactly? I don’t see anyone dropping dead on the streets no matter how much you may want that to happen. And even if that was true, then why are we blowing money on useless things like “clean energy” when there are poor people dying in this country?
Anyway, I really had no choice but to talk about this. This is what passes for “economics” on the left. This is why your liberal friends seem so stupid... garbage in, liberalism out.

33 comments:

Koshcat said...

Wow. I don't see how you're able to hold in your anger so well.

AndrewPrice said...

Koshcat, It's not easy actually. Reading this just made me want to reach into my computer and beat some sense into these idiots. But that won't help because they're a lost cause. So I decided it was better to just take it apart and show all of you the kind of garbage they are basing their "thinking" (read: emoting) on.

tryanmax said...

Wait, wait, wait! Back up a minute. What you said about pitchforking Warren Buffett--you're not just abandoning that idea, are you?

BevfromNYC said...

Tryanmax - I was kinda up for the slapping thing myself. However I have always been a vocal advocate of the cream pie in the face, or...does anyone remember a movie called Bugsey Malone with Jodie Foster? They used THE coolest cream pie shooters (not cream pie guns because that would be wrong, right?). I think we should advocate for the legalization of semi automatic cream pie launchers.

rlaWTX said...

This reminds me of the "food insecurity" statistics that pop up to support more welfare support, higher minimum wages, summer school lunch programs, etc. Now, I have no problem helping those (esp. kids who don't have a lot of choices) who need help. Lord know that folks moving into this area are getting a shock to their pocketbooks these days. However, the made up idea of "food insecurity" and the surveys used to determine this "crucial" level are designed to increase federal involvement and pad the numbers. The main questions go something like this, "Johnny, have you ever worried about what you are going to eat for supper? Susie, have you ever worried about not having enough to eat?" What kid hasn't wondered what he's going to have for dinner or having "enough"? Even the "Have you ever gone to bed hungry" answers/stats can be skewed by kids who wouldn't eat their veggies, who hit their sister one too many times one evening, or just wanted a piece of cake before bed. Bah-humbug.

rlaWTX said...

and on the subject of Leftist Idiocy:
http://ionainstitute.com/index.php?id=2969


I think that these "named persons" used to go by the title of "parents"... nitwits.
It's troubling that [1] there is a perceived parenting problem such that this is the answer and [2] that anyone thought that THIS is the answer to ANY problem.

tryanmax said...

rlaWTX, that reminds me of an email conversation I just had recently. I save all my emails, so here's what I said:

Changing subjects, I don't know if you've noted any of the controversy on the farm bill a.k.a. the food stamp bill. I don't really have anything to add to that, but one thing that just clicked for me last week is that during the arguments, the stat was bandied about that 1 in 7 people relies on food stamps. That's the exact same figure I've heard from a series of PSAs claiming 1 in 7 people "struggles" with hunger. (I imagine hunger is like an attacking wildcat when one struggles with it.) Similarly, there's another PSA claiming 1 in 5 children goes to bed hungry every night. Guess what percentage of children are enrolled in subsidized lunches?

I always wondered how we can be simultaneously having an obesity epidemic--which disproportionately affects the lower classes--while so many people are starving--again in the lower classes. Now I think I know where the bullshit is being manufactured.

tryanmax said...

the Government is required to provide each child with a “named person” from birth

I dunno. Sounds like a revival of slavery to me. Especially if folks get to pick the names.

"Yer name is Toby. I wanya hear ya say it! When the master gives ya sompthin', ya take it. He gave ya a name. It's a nice name. It's Toby. And it's gonta be yers 'til the day you die."

rlaWTX said...

tryanmax - yep. "Now I think I know where the bullshit is being manufactured." Probably by those cows that they are trying to genetically engineer to not have flatulence...
http://grist.org/list/scientists-plan-to-reduce-greenhouse-gases-by-breeding-fartless-cows/


and there's nothing right about that "named person" concept...

BevfromNYC said...

"...I always wondered how we can be simultaneously having an obesity epidemic-"

The First Lady and Mayor Bloomberg and the Food Industry address this - cheap food is high in calories. I don't know where THEY shop, but I do not know where this high caloric CHEAP food is, but it's not near me...

They all know this because they have tried to live on $4 a day for food and just couldn't do it.

Here is MY takes on it - Parents/care takers don't cook anymore. It takes WAY too long to actually cook nutritious meals, so these people (who apparently have a lot more money that I do) go to those evil fast food places where apparently it is much cheaper to buy a Happy meal than to buy a head of lettuce, a potato/rice and a chicken.

Also, the American idea of what "not getting enough to eat" means is WAY different that any other place on Earth. I blame the food advertising industry. Our portions are HUGE. Look at a cereal commercial and the proportion that is in the bowl. Then look at the actual serving on the nutrition info panel on the box. The serving size in the bowl in the ad is 3 servings, not just one! Couple that with kids sitting in front of the TV or a computer all day and **VIOLA** fat kids, fat adults, fat pets (really!).

Okay I will stop now, but next is why we have a dramatic rise in childhood diabetes and it's not necessarily because of obesity...

tryanmax said...

My response.

AndrewPrice said...

tryanmax, I'm freshly out of pitchforks, but I have placed said item on my birthday list. :P

AndrewPrice said...

Bev, I'm a firm believer that this --> "the legalization of semi automatic cream pie launchers" is a right guaranteed by the Constitution! :D

AndrewPrice said...

rlaWTX, That's exactly right on the food insecurity issue. I remember seeing that statistic and how they made it and it was total bull. Also, as an aside, that number coincides remarkably well with the number of people eligible for food stamps -- which is just based on comparative income rather than actual poverty levels.

But that's how leftists always do their numbers:

The number of people in danger of monster attacks:

1. Have you ever been attacked by a monster?
2. Have you ever seen a monster?
3. Do you know anyone who has ever claimed to have seen a monster?
4. Can you spell monster?

AndrewPrice said...

rlaWTX, I hate to say this, but I expect nothing different in Europe. I just hope I live long enough to see them pass a bill that requires total government supervision 24/7. I think it will be fun to see what happens next.

In all seriousness, some people need to have their kids taken away. I can tell you that for a fact. But this is the typically wrong approach. This is the government trying to mess with the easy cases so it doesn't get blamed for ignoring the people who really need it. I've seen the same thing with social workers everywhere -- they fight the people who don't need to be fought because they are easy and they turn a blind eye to the real monsters.

AndrewPrice said...

tryanmax. Very true. The use of fact statistics to support government programs is going on all the time. And the food stamp thing is the perfect example. So is the school lunch subsidy. Why are middle and upper-middle class people getting support to buy school lunches for their kids?

AndrewPrice said...

tryanmax, It's not slavery if they're doing it because they know better than you.

AndrewPrice said...

Fartless cows? That's a crime against humanity. It's also not possible. The methane isn't produced by the cow, it happens inside the cow. What an idiotic, asinine idea!

AndrewPrice said...

Bev, I agree. I do think the food advertising industry is to blame. The entire food industry actually does a lot of shady things and I honestly do favor regulation to end the deceptive practices. Unlike Doomberg, I don't favor banning anything, but I do favor making them be honest about the things they do and putting warning labels on things like high fructose corn syrup.

AndrewPrice said...

tryanmax, LOL! Yep. Our system is really messed up.

rlaWTX said...

Bev, personally I ask blessings on whomever invented those skillet meal in a bag! G'pa eats well because of those things - and "the steam the veggies in their bag in the microwave" things! :)

yep, tryanmax...

MONSTERS are attacking!!!!!
(isn't that what you just said, Andrew?)

AndrewPrice said...

rlaWTX, Yep. Watch out for the monsters! Run away!

BevfromNYC said...

rlaWTX - There is nothing wrong with convenience foods. They are great and have the extra added bonus of being portioned out properly. What I am talking about is when parents take fastfood (McDonalds et al) from a weekly treat to a daily food source because they are just too lazy. Then whine about the cost of food!

MONSTERS??? Where?

T-Rav said...

Hey, hey, hey! The OWSers didn't have to be naked in the park, they chose to be naked in the park. Just like they chose to defecate on police cars....but I digress.

Complaints like this make my eyes roll back in my head, especially where debt is concerned. Way more people than anyone wants to admit get into debt by their own bad choices, like splurging a few thousand dollars on luxury items like a new car or sound system. I make $13,500 a year, and yet I have no debt, because I carefully manage my expenses and make choices about what I do and don't spend my money on. I don't like a lot of those "don't" choices, and yet here I am, typing away on a laptop with food in my stomach and access to air-conditioning. Give me a break.

AndrewPrice said...

Bev, They're everywhere! Ever since they passed the "Monster Anti-Discrimination Act" (MAD). If you try to chase them out of your closet or out from under your bed, they can sue you now. :(

AndrewPrice said...

T-Rav, That's exactly the problem. These people have no concept of what genuine poverty is. And rather than helping people learn to make better choices that will benefit them throughout their lives, they try to get the government to give them money. It's ridiculous that people who don't need are getting the money, especially as it could be used to help those who do actually need it.

BevfromNYC said...

"...If you try to chase them out of your closet or out from under your bed, they can sue you now"

Andrew - That's why I gotta Roomba robot vacuum cleaner. It chases the monsters and verocious dust bunnies from under my bed...;-D

AndrewPrice said...

Bev, That's a great idea! LOL!

Do those really work?

rlaWTX said...

Bev, my point (beyond the praise) was that there are easy alternate choices to a steady diet of fast food.

My grandfather's Roomba just riled the cats.
Besides, everyone knows that modern Monsters hide on Wall Street, not under the bed...

BevfromNYC said...

rlaWTX - Yes! I agree.

Andrew - Yes, they really, really work. With a few caveats - they don't do corners and they just do floors. Or you can do this with it too -
Shark Kittie on a roomba

AndrewPrice said...

Bev, Uh... yikes! LOL! I'm a little surprised the cat doesn't actually attack the duck though.

AndrewPrice said...

rlaWTX, That's "Big Monster." ;P

T-Rav said...

rla, I thought they worked in the civil service. Like the IRS, or state Departments of Transportation.

Post a Comment