Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Did Hillary Bump Uglies With Evil Genius Saul Alinsky?

The year is 1971. A young future Democratic presidential candidate pens a love letter to old Saul Alinsky. What's that? You know about Obama? I'm not talking about Obama. I’m talking about Hillary Clinton, and you gotta see this pathetic letter.

In 1971, 23-year-old law school student Hillary Clinton wrote a sycophantic letter to her then-crush, Saul Alinsky. Apparently, young Hillary wanted to be a community activist. She never did go that route however, because that’s for losers. Instead, she took the more accomplished path of marrying a man whose coattails she could ride.

Anyway, said letter was published last week by the Washington Free Bacon Beacon. Here are the highlights of her letter to old Saul (my comments in italics):
Dear Saul,

When is that new book [Rules for Radicals] coming out — or has it come and I somehow missed the fulfillment of Revelation? I have just had my one-thousandth conversation about [Reveille for Radicals] and need some new material to throw at people.

Does this sound like she’s mocking him? It does to me: “Gee you old fart, when’s your book finally coming out or did I somehow miss that you brought about the end of the world?” Sounds a bit like a taunt, like she's saying he can't finish his book or like he thinks way too much about the impact his book will have. In any event, is she really telling us that she gets all of her material from his one book from 1946? Doesn’t she read other books? Doesn’t she do independent thoughts? Apparently not.

[I] survived law school, slightly bruised, with my belief in and zest for organizing intact.

It is true that Hillary had a zest for organizing. In fact, she organized her closet before she sent the letter and later in the day, she would rearrange her silverware to be more efficiently dispensed by turning the forks against the spoons. ;-)

The more I’ve seen of places like Yale Law School and the people who haunt them, the more convinced I am that we have the serious business and joy of much work ahead, — if the commitment to a free and open society is ever going to mean more than eloquence and frustration.

Yeah, the ghosts at Yale suck -- they're much more positive at Hogwarts. She should try talking to the living people instead. It might have changed her entire world view. Also, talk about a blowhard. She needs to learn that you can’t impress people with store-bought words: keep it simple stupid. And for the record, anyone who thinks “work” and “joy” are synonyms is a crazy person... and probably drinks her own urine.

If I never thanked you for the encouraging words of last spring in the midst of the Yale-Cambodia madness, I do so now.

Yeah, it was crazy when Cambodia invaded Yale! In any event, it’s really bad form to try to send a catchall “thank you” years after the fact. It’s a good thing for her that she and Saul are such good friends and he will forgive her ill manners, or he might be offended. It does make me wonder what those kind words were, though: “Hey you don’t look as chubby as Bill says!” ... “Nice spelling on your protest sign.” ... “You smell purty, comrade.”

I am living in Berkeley and working in Oakland for the summer and would love to see you. Let me know if there is any chance of our getting together.

Huh. I’ve never received an invite to Oakland, but I wouldn’t be happy about it if I did: “Gee, Andy, wanna come to inner city Baltimore and see how long you last?” More interestingly though, am I sensing a little romance here? Hillary just invited old Alinsky, who smelled of cabbage and Soviet toiletries, to come spend some time with her to “get together.” I believe that is known today as “hooking up.” Let’s see what kind of moves the old girl has, shall we?

Hopefully we can have a good argument sometime in the future.

Um, no. That's not a great sales pitch: “Wanna go to Oakland so we can fight?! Welcome to the Thunderdome, ese!” Besides, why would Saul want to argue with Hillary anyways, knowing that she gets all of her material from his one old book anyway:
Hillary: “Do you remember when you wrote that? Hahaha.”
Alinsky: “Kill me.”
Talk about boring.

Interestingly, Saul did respond. Or rather, his secretary did because she knew there was a little somethin’somethin’ going on between the old fruit and the new squeeze, and that means juice:
“Since I know his feelings about you [he’s into chubby girls who dig his book] I took the liberty of opening your letter because I didn’t want something urgent to wait for two weeks. And I’m glad I did. [Your pathetic come on letter made me laugh.]”

“Mr. Alinsky will be in San Francisco, staying at the Hilton Inn at the airport on Monday and Tuesday, July 26 and 27. I know he would like to have you call him so that if there is a chance in his schedule maybe you can get together. [Wear something sexy.]”
One can only imagine the freak these two got on in that hotel room; please God, tell me there's no 8 mm sex tape! Anyway, Hillary claimed in 2004 that Saul offered her a chance to work with him after graduating from Wellesley College (Lic Kum Lesbianus), but she turned him down so she could attend law school. Saul never got over his disappointment and he died in 1971... possibly from the grief, possibly from events that transpired in the Hilton Inn in San Francisco, possibly from something else.

Speaking of the Hilton, isn’t Saul supposed to be a commie? What’s he doing with a secretary and staying at the Hilton? Hypocrite.

Anyway, I may have been a bit cheeky in my article, but let me be the first to officially freak out that Hillary Clinton is clearly the chubby embodiment of Saul Alinsky's dream to convert the US into a communist paradise. If she is elected, Saul Alinsky will rise from his grave and destroy the country. Panic!!! Panic!!!

Thoughts? Pretty pathetic letter isn't it? Kind of makes Hillary sound like a groupie... a brainless groupie who got all of her ideas from one book and who put her own greed ahead of old Saul's desire that she become a community organizer. Sad.

31 comments:

AndrewPrice said...

You can make the writing on the picture more clear if you click on it.

Kit said...

According to the New York Times, Christians believe Jesus IS buried in Jerusalem. Maybe, I guess that would depend on what your definition of "is" is...

LINK

Anonymous said...

Your Wellesley slogan is very Kevin Smith. It reminds me of his "Cum Laude '69" line from Mallrats. :-)

Hillary will most likely run, the right will play the Alinsky card (because, you know, every American knows who he is), and the left will either ignore it or mock the right for bringing it up in the first place.

Anthony said...

OT but big news: Eric Holder is resigning. Doubt it will change anything.

I'm sure the next nominee is going to be an interim nominee for the rest of Obama's term unless Obama appoints some Republican grandee.

AndrewPrice said...

Kit, I thought Jesus was buried in the Meadowlands next to Jimmy Hoffa? ;-)

AndrewPrice said...

Scott, I haven't seen Mallrats. The motto fits though... trust me.

Frankly, Hillary has been running for several years now. So far, the far right doesn't seem to have picked up on the Alinsky connection, but they will once Drudge tells them about it. Then it will become an existential crisis that stupid people don't care.

Personally, I'm just horrified at the idea that they met in a hotel in San Francisco and did the nasty. Brrrr. //shudders

AndrewPrice said...

Anthony, I saw that. In all honesty, nothing will change. For one thing, Obama will either appoint Holder II or they will have some Holder clone assistant run the place until Obama leaves office. And even if they do somehow get a new guy the Republicans like, he doesn't have enough time to implement any changes in policy that will take substantive effect between now and 2016.

Still, I can't say I'll miss Holder. He's been one of the worst hacks to occupy the office on either side.

Anonymous said...

Two things jumped out at me. First of all,like you stated.people who associate work and joy aren't really working. Secondly,did you get the part where she said "living" in Berkeley and "working" in Oakland. Typical fucking do gooder baby boomer. The poor black gangsters in Oakland are opressed. I'll take my superior Yale Law School mind down there and coach them. I wouldn't actually want to live there you know...
And lastly sir; Lic Kum Lesbianus is just genius.
Thankyou for that.
GypsyTyger

AndrewPrice said...

LOL! You're welcome! I thought it was appropriate. :)

I totally agree about the idea of living in Berkeley, but working in Oakland. You know she feels morally superior for doing that too, as if somehow her racing past the slums on her way to a nice safe office granted her some form of nobility compared to the evil capitalists who work in San Fran.

In terms of the work/play thing, it sounds so incredibly phony to me the way she put it. It sounds like she's trying to kiss his butt.

Koshcat said...

You should put a warning on these types of post. This was NSFW. The air is now filled with groaning and the smell of vomit.

Couple comments. It really grinds my gears when a**holes like Hillary complain how unfair the world while perched in schools like Yale. By going to Yale, you automatically are in the 0.01%. I hate hypocritical elitists. I'm sorry that some of us could only afford to go to state schools. I'm ok with Alinsky having a secretary. He probably paid her in potatoes. But staying in the airport Hilton? Seriously he could crash at someone's apartment in SF or Berkley?

Much of these is the fawning of an idealistic school girl. Generally lame and pathetic but I don't think it really should be held against her. We often make heroes when we are young but change our minds later.

What would be interesting is if we find out there is a love child out there...

KRS said...

Andrew, I will never ever never never ever never ever never never never ever forgive you for the image that title burned into my mind.

Not ever.

Gotta leave now. I have to go get a power drill and a hypo filled with alcohol. I must find and kill the part of my brain where this memory resides.

If I succeed, then I'll forgive you.

Rustbelt said...

KRS, when you're done with the power tools and booze, please pass them on to me.
The title and this article have created images in my head that may result in permanent brain damage. I suddenly think I like Adam Sandler movies. :P Oh, my brain! My poor brain!

Curse you, Andrew!

P.S. Yeah, this letter is truly pathetic.

AndrewPrice said...

Koshcat, LOL! He probably did pay her in potatoes... and surplus Soviet peasant gear.

I agree completely about the blind arrogance of these people. They go to an elite place, which are swarming with other privileged kids like themselves, and then they wrongly think this somehow represents what the rest of America is like. So they come to hate us based on experiencing life with their own clones.

On the letter, the whole things just strikes me as pathetic. It comes across as simultaneously too impersonal and yet sycophantically personal. It has all the makings of a youthful crush, yet she simultaneously comes across as someone who is deeply smug and self-important.

It also really does make me wonder if there wasn't more to this relationship.

AndrewPrice said...

KRS, Sorry about that. LOL! It is truly an ugly image. I prefer the one of her dancing and whistling about her empowerment on stage. :D

Good luck with the drill!

AndrewPrice said...

Rustbelt, LOL! Sorry. On the plus side, it's almost horror movie month, so think of this article as an inoculation shot for that!

EricP said...

Lord a'mighty does that read like the star-crush droolings of someone who probably had friends writing similar sentiments to Davy Jones or Mickey Dolenz. Sorry, almost forgot Hillsy likely didn't have many friends.

AndrewPrice said...

Eric, That was one of my first thoughts, that this was an obsessed fan letter. But then to see that Alinsky apparently responded and wanted to meet with her suggests that they did have some sort of relationship. I didn't know that.

Rustbelt said...

I don't know, Andrew. By comparison, these images make 'Hostel' and 'Saw' look like 'Care Bears'- if Dr. Coldheart had a pension for back alley 'organ donations,' that is.

But, like you said, the Haunting Season is upon, us. There's nothing a viewing of 'The Thing' or a good version of 'Dracula' can't cure. Then again, Hillary would be perfectly cast as the title character in the former, and as Lucy Westenra (with Saul or Bill as the Count) in the latter.
Politics truly is a horrific business. How about for the next open thread, we come with our best horror movie remake, only with well-known politicians in fitting roles?

Anonymous said...

I was so caught up in my disgust the first time I read this that I competely missed something very significant. She asks when his new book is coming out because she's just had her thousandth conversation about their shared beliefs and needs something new to throw at people. this is a eureka moment as far as insights into her intelligence go.
The purpose of political or philosophical books is not to give the reader quotes to throw at people( I've used everything from this one - I need another book so I can have more ideas - Help!) the purpose of books is to give people a base from which to form their own ideas and build their own philosophy. When David Horowitz was a liberal,even at 23, do you think he got all his ideas from one book? Do you think he just ran around waving his one book in the air and yelling "according to (fill in the blank,you get the point) the solution is...? I seriously doubt it.
An over educated dumbass who can use 10 dollar words is still a dumbass.
GypsyTyger

Anonymous said...

And I just want to get this off my chest, even though it's unrelated. There was an open thread yesterday, but I didn't read this until this morning, so maybe I'm close enough.
I was scrolling around and I saw something related to True Detective so I clicked on it and read the story. According to some people the writer for that great show has come under "heavy criticism" for not having any strong female characters.
GEEEEEEEEZZZZZUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSS!
A; Can anybody say Maggie? I think you can.And
B; Not every -oddamn story involves a superfriends multicultural cast with an asian, a black guy, a blind albino, etc. This was a specific story about the relationship between two men played out against the background of a homicide investigation. GAWD!
I would have posted it on yesterday's entry but I was afraid nobody would see it. Thank you all for letting me get that off my chest.
GypsyTyger

Tennessee Jed said...

sounds a bit like Aqualung to me: "sitting on a park bench ,,,, eyeing little girls with bad intent"

AndrewPrice said...

Rustbelt, I like that idea. We should do an open thread like that! :)

AndrewPrice said...

Jed, I don't doubt for a minute that Alinsky was a pervert. Most of these guys seems to be.

AndrewPrice said...

GypsyTyger, I agree completely. That comment shows a real shallowness in her thought processes. She should be using Saul's first book as a way to spark more ideas and to help her understand her own thoughts. Instead, she seems to be using it like a script. That's not intelligence, that's monkey-see monkey-do.

On the other issue, I agree that there's no reason that every show needs the same stock characters. That's silly liberal thinking.

Tennessee Jed said...

on a somewhat related note, I am so "not ready" for the heavily promoted new drama "Madame Secretary" as a younger, slimmer, better looking idealized Hillary. The producers admit they were inspired by seeing her testify before congress. I wonder if Tea Leoni will whine "what does it matter now." Of course, their is total denial the show is in anyway intended to try and boost Hill's presidential bid, although in our country there are people who would probably vote for her thinking their voting for the actress. At least they didn't name the show "Hard Choices."

Critch said...

I'm having a mental breakdown from the title of this article...it's really hard to shake the image...

AndrewPrice said...

Critch, Yeah, this one may have been a bridge too far for people's sanity.

AndrewPrice said...

Jed, That is so obviously an attempt to boost Hillary's chances that it's not even funny. Sadly for her, I think the show will be cancelled really quickly because it just doesn't look the least bit interesting.

Anthony said...

A wave of recent articles had led me to conclude that Hillary's biggest challenge might not be her Republican rival, but Bill Clinton, who kind of highlights her lack of charisma. I disagree with the writer of the article below that having one's personal defects highlighted doesn't hurt one's electoral chances.

-------
It’s not that Bill would actually be likely to hurt Hillary’s chances of winning either the nomination or the White House. It’s more that at the very moment she’d be trying to establish her own alpha qualities of leadership, he would almost inevitably overshadow her, and reveal her limitations as a candidate by contrast. He would almost certainly say and do things that draw media attention, forcing her and her campaign to react in ways that would eat up time better spent making her own news and articulating her own vision. Too often these days he seems more eager for a presidential campaign than she does, as he did when he articulated his vision for the next president’s first 100 days in an interview with Charlie Rose this week.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/09/bill-clinton-in-a-box-111334.html#ixzz3EVa9jtXn
--------------
However, I retain faith that idiots will do what they can to boost Hillary's chances. The Five will no doubt drive more woman to Clinton than MSNBC will.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2771530/Would-considered-boobs-ground-Fox-News-host-Eric-Bolling-apologizes-sexist-joke-female-fighter-pilot-bombed-ISIS.html

Kit said...

Anthony,

There are reasons I avoid Fox News these days.

Anthony said...

According to rumor, the Justice Department is going to ban federal agents from any form of profiling. Meaning that officially federal law enforcement (doesn't affect local law enforcement) won't be able to draw conclusions based on religion, gender, ethnicity, etc.

I'm not sure it will change much on the ground, though I do know defense lawyers will thank Obama for this. I'm sure this will feature in countless Border Patrol court cases.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-0927-holder-profiling-20140927-story.html

The new policy, though still being finalized, is expected to prohibit federal agents from conducting undercover surveillance of a mosque, for example, without some information that criminal activity is underway. Under the current rules, approved in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, law enforcement agencies were given broad latitude to monitor specific religious groups.

Post a Comment