Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Get Paid To Get Arrested in NYC!

I was reading the NY Post this morning as I always do, right before I got on the train to be met with an alert that a bomb had gone off in Times Square right near my next stop. Yeah, just another typical Monday morning in NYC.

but, as if we don't have enough trouble in NYC, this is the newest stupidity to come our way.




{{Warning: What you are about to read is not a parody from The Onion.}}

City Offers Gift Cards To Criminal Suspect Who Complete Survey!

Yeah, if you get arrested and have to appear in front of a judge, they want to know how your experience has been. If the perp fills out a questionaire, they'll get a $15 Dunkin' Donuts gift card! I mean, you cannot make this crap up!

Here's just a few of the questions to answer and all they have to do is check the box "Disagree", "Neutral", "Agree", and "N/A".
[There's a link in the article with a .pdf of the questionaire]
Please tell me if agree, disagree or are neutral on the following statements about the building.

27) Signs outside the building helped me know what to expect today.

28) The security procedures for entering the building were clear.

29) I was treated respectfully by the security officers as I entered the building.

30) Court staff seemed happy to answer any questions I had.

31) The bathrooms were clean.

32) I found my way around the courthouse easily.

33) I knew where to get water if I was thirsty.

34) The building was clean and well maintained.

35) Signs inside the building were confusing.

36) The temperature inside the building was comfortable.

37) I knew who to ask if I needed assistance finding my way around the building.

38) What would have made the process of navigating the courthouse easier for you today

Well, hey, it's only costing $800K and who wouldn't want the criminal court system to be more user-friendly. I especially like the idea that judges, clerks, etc are going to have to take courtesy training because being arrested and having to appear before a judge should be a positive, friendly experience.

Anyway, there is just one of many issues to discuss...like the Alabama special election today.

8 comments:

tryanmax said...

"I knew where to get water if I was thirsty."

This alone would make the NYC court system more humane than my typical family road trip growing up.

AndrewPrice said...

Bev, I am at a loss for words. Truly.

AndrewPrice said...

As an aside, it looks like we've caught another two celebrity chefs with the harassment stuff. I can't imagine who an industry known to be packed with abusive assh*les could have such trouble? Strange.

As a further aside, look at the men being caught. While the feminists whine that this is toxic masculinity, I can't help but notice that most of these suspects are really the antithesis of masculinity. Maybe the real problem is non-masculine males.

Now that think about it, feminists are distinctly non-feminine. Hmm. I wonder where this leads?

Anthony said...

Moore lost. I am containing my grief in a very small jar. I don't think this means much for Trump. Roy wasn't a guy running on Trump's agenda, he had his own set of issues (to put it diplomatically).

Anthony said...

Pondering the matter further I think Alabama is a bit like Maryland. It's a naturally one party state in which even weak candidates can win (as I predicted, the former governor of MD who ran against Hillary failed to even register with voters) but sufficiently awful candidates can lose. Right now MD has a Republican governor, the second in recent years.

Anthony said...

That Daniel Shaver shooting (unarmed white guy shot by a cop while on his knees, after four minutes of crying and begging for his life) was rough stuff. It's wild how quickly the jury acquitted the shooter.

Juries maintain their track record of being unwilling to convict cops acting in the line of duty and police departments continue their trend of firing incompetents.

Like I've noted before cameras are great for good cops (the overwhelming majority) but bad for the corrupt and the incompetent.

Anthony said...

On a lighter note there are two things horribly wrong with this now former teacher's message to students. What amazes me is he was suspended but not fired (he resigned).

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/12/colorado-teachers-troubling-message-want-to-kill-children-leads-to-resignation.html

The note, projected on a screen earlier this month, read: “Silent reading … I want to kill children but I am a loving Christian man who never would hurt a flee so please sit down and read.”

tryanmax said...

I wouldn't care about the Alabama election or Roy Moore if it weren't for the smear job involved. It's was not just a display of exactly the sort of politics that voters and politicians claim to want to get away from, but an amplification of it. The surest way to get more of it is to reward it with success. So, thanks, Alabama. 2018 is going to make 2016 look like Barney and Friends.

Post a Comment